Why are some people calling our Z-Trail “The Ultimate Sandal 2.0”?
Well, last year’s Z-Trek seemed to be the Ultimate Sandal… but the new Z-Trail takes it a step further. It gives you an unparalleled combination of:
- Light Weight
What can you do in your Z-Trail sandals? Practically anything!
- At then end of a day of hiking, pull off your heavy, stiff, smelly boots and slip into the freedom, comfort, and flexibility of the Z-Trail… they’re so light you’ll barely notice them on your feet (and will barely tell they were in your bag!).
- Pull them out when you need to cross a stream — they’re water resistant Okay, if you’re using them as a camp shoe, be warned: You may find that you can use them to hike instead of your boots.
- Enjoy a run, on trails or roads.
- Lifting weights at Crossfit.
- Yoga class? The grippy soles make the Z-Trail like having a yoga mat on your feet all the time. Do your own class anywhere you are.
- Head downstream… whether you’re in a canoe, a kayak, a raft, or on a paddleboard, the Z-Trail hold securely and comfortably on your feet and they float.
- Take a walk anywhere you like, from a mountain trail to an urban jungle. The comfort of the Z-Trail will surprise you.
- #FeelRealFun — do whatever you like in your Z-Trail. With our 5,000 mile sole warranty, they can handle it.
What makes the Z-Trail special is the 3-layer FeelLite™ sole.
- The bottom has our FeelTrue® rubber for great grip and abrasion resistance.
- The middle layer of TrailFoam™ provides an incredible amount of force absorption and protection.
- Then, the top BareFoam™ layer adds a perfect amount of comfort.
- And the FeelLite™ sole still maintains enough flexibility to allow for natural movement and ground-feel.
What’s the difference between the Z-Trek and Z-Trail?
The Z-Trail is crazy flexible, but not quite as much as the Z-Trek.
I like to think that the Z-Trail is about protection and comfort first, and the Z-Trek is about connection first.
If I’ve been wearing my Z-Trails around for a while, enjoying the comfort, when I then put on the Z-Trek, I think, “Oh, right, I can FEEL things again!” So I go back and forth between them, depending on how much I want to feel.
Let’s talk about weight! This is maybe the best part.
The Z-Trail is about 20% lighter than the Z-Trek. But that’s nothing. Let’s compare the Z-Trail to a traditional sport sandal:
- Super-comfortable tubular webbing with no hard edges.
- Adjustable Z-pattern allows you to get the right tension you desire across the top of your foot, over your foot, and behind your heel.
- Three color combinations.
- 10mm (~3/8″) FeelLite™ outsole protects you from unpleasant surfaces while still providing great ground-feel.
- Elegant contour surrounds your foot.
- Super light weight — a Women’s size 7 sandal averages 4.3 ounces each.
- Zero-drop means your heel isn’t elevated.
- Rust-proof nylon hardware.
- Heel cup keeps your heel in place and helps keep out debris.
- 5,000 mile sole warranty! Wear out your Z-Trail soles in under 5,000 miles and we’ll replace them for a nominal cost